15.6.12

A Short (but meaningful) Absence

I say "absence," but that does not mean I'm not going to be translating, merely that I will be in a different place.

You see, my family vacations every other year to an island off the coast of our state. Now, why bother telling you this if I'm still going to be translating while I'm there?

Because on this trip, two years ago (in the same house, even, we normally change houses each year) was when I first heard of and began studying Esperanto.
The one-year anniversary slipped past me because I was dealing with some stuff this time last year (and I still am), but I'm still surprised at how long ago it seems. Even though I've more than neglected studying most of the time, I've still grown a lot in the language and I hope to make a great deal more progress in the coming months!

I'll set a goal to make it out of Cerulean by the end of the week. That may not sound like much, but Cerulean includes the area north of it, which has like 20 trainers. Anyway, I'll certainly have time to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment